 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2800

Subject:
An Angel and Theatre
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.build.vignette
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 23:28:27 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This one is a sculpture, inspired by work by MisaQa (on Brickshelf):
Guardian Angel

This one is a vignette, inspired by my friend Michelle:
“She Makes The Play Go On”

-Lenny

Re: An Angel and Theatre
lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.build.vignette
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 04:33:25 GMT

Great stuff, Lenny.

The miniland angel is badass. Love the sword. Great curtain on the theatre vignette.

-Brendan

Re: An Angel and Theatre
lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.build.vignette
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 19:37:46 GMT

Lenyu-

The “Theatre” vignette awesome. As Brendan mentioned, the curtain is cool, but also the backstage framework and the spotlight effect on the stage floor. My only question is why isn’t your sigfig onstage, you thespian you!

While I’m not a big fan of the minland figures in general, you pulled off the Angel nicely. You get points for the wings and shield...but I’m not sure I can unconditionally endorse the flaming foil.

Flaming Foil.

-Keith

Re: An Angel and Theatre
lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.build.vignette
Date:
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 20:18:22 GMT

In lugnet.build.sculpture, Keith Goldman wrote:
   Lenyu-

The “Theatre” vignette awesome. As Brendan mentioned, the curtain is cool, but also the backstage framework and the spotlight effect on the stage floor. My only question is why isn’t your sigfig onstage, you thespian you!

While I’m not a big fan of the minland figures in general, you pulled off the Angel nicely. You get points for the wings and shield...but I’m not sure I can unconditionally endorse the flaming foil.

Flaming Foil.

-Keith

I agree, flaming math problems really make me nervous.

But that aside, I love the angel. I’ve been working on an angel myself, and my design might get a little upgrade from yours. Great work Lenny!

--Anthony