 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2685
2684  |  2686
Subject:
Japanese Restaurant and Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:23:49 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

A restaurant and home somewhere in a back street in Japan influenced by watching too many
Japanese television shows like ‘Soko Ga Shiritai’, ‘Next Stop Discovery’ and ‘Sushi! Donburi! Ramen!’.

I wanted to create a set that could truly be described as being a part of a ‘World City’.

My idea was to create a scene with as many Japanese items as I could fit and I tried to get
as much detail as I could into every nook and cranny.

Read the title of each picture for a short description of each shot and look for:

Noren (Japanese split curtains hung in front of a shop)
Nobori (banners)
A vending machine (found everywhere in Japan)
A large red lantern
A shrine
Baka Gaijin (translation: ‘stupid foreigner’; a tourist)
Japanese Salarymen
Electric Lines (also found everywhere in Japan)
Japanese Food including: Sushi, Ramen, Tempura and Shoyu (Soy Sauce) bottles.
A Maneki Neko (a lucky cat figurine)
A Daruma (a good luck doll)
Kokeshi Dolls (wooden Japanese dolls)
Tatami Mats
A Kotatsu (a small table with a quilt covering)
Tansu (a traditional handcrafted storage chest)
and a whole lot more...

This is my entry into the 2005 JLug contest.

The brickshelf folder can be found here: Japanese Restaurant and Home

Hope you enjoy it!
PLMKWYT

Patrick Y.