 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2597
Subject:
Supertrain pictures - SALUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.ca.salug
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:34:29 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Greetings,

I have posted pictures of SALUG participation at Supertrain:

Supertrain is a large model train show that takes place in Calgary, Alberta,
Canada in mid February.

This year SALUG (Southern Alberta Lego Users Group) won first place for the
people's choice award. The previous two years that SALUG has participated the
club won runner up awards. Nine members made contributions to the display.

This years display included:
Scale model of Disneyland's Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and New
Orleans areas
Large castle area with two castles (one automated) and a midevil town
Tire fire
Automated marble factory
Canyon
Tall building
several custom trains
and scale MOC technic vehicles

Enjoy,
Roy Nelson

Re: Supertrain pictures - SALUG
In lugnet.announce.moc, Roy Nelson wrote:
[...]

I also have a "few" pics of the show.

This show was an excellent showcase for the diversity in building that LEGO is
know for. We were able to show thousands of people what can be done with a litle
time and effort. SALUG has been invited to participate in 3 more shows this year
including Railway Days at Heritage Park here in Calgary. A good year for the
SALUG and a good year to promote our hobby here in Alberta.

Will

In lugnet.org.ca.salug, William Lister wrote:
[...]

I hate to reply to my own post, but I had to change the gallery link. The one
above was all messed up by a corrupted ad and viewing the images was difficult.
So here is the new gallery links:

Check them in a few hours once they have been moderated. Thanks,

Will

Re: Supertrain pictures - SALUG