 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2508

Subject:
Project YAMATO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.sculpture
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:05:29 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In lugnet.build.military, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   Hi all,

It looks like Jumpei Mitsui has started a huge project to build a fig-scale Battleship Yamamoto. You may remember his previous model at a smaller scale, and a space version. Anyway, the hull on this new version is a thing of beauty.

Bruce

Thank you for your introduction of my project, Bruce.

This is my biggest challenge and still under construction.

1/40 Battleship YAMATO

It’s minifig scale, and it will come to 6.5m (21ft).

It has passed 2 years since I began to build, and about one third of all is made.

This ship is still being built. I’ll need a lot of time for completing this work, but I’m going to build this step by step.

I will add some photos from time to time.

I have already built a few works for YAMATO.

Main gun(type 94) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=111341

Sub gun http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=111456

Anti-air(type 89) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=32882

Anti-air(type 96) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=32891

Ship-based spotter plane http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=111574

Motor launch(17m) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=111710

Motor launch(15m) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=111711

Here are my previous works of another YAMATO

Star Blazers http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=58795

Mini YAMATO http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=31246

Thank you.

Jumpei Mitsui