 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1959
1958  |  1960
Subject:
Working Fountain on TCLTC layout (Pics)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 23:42:29 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Check this one out! About 6 years ago, John Gerlach of the GMLTC had built a fountain that actually pumped water using the technic pneumatic system. Well, this captured the imagination of my then 8 year old son Ross, and he set his mind to building one of his own. After going through several versions over the years, he finally perfected his design last November, and here it is:

I won’t try and explain all of the issues he encountered along the way-- I’m going to let him do that on his own. We tried to give a fair idea of how he built it from the pictures we took. Basically, Ross used the large boat hull so that the system wouldn’t leak; and the whole thing is powered by the new RC motor that runs off of a 9 volt train transformer. A fun feature of the design is his water level meter (that’s what the colored grill tiles are). The whole fountain really runs great and is a terrific animation to add to the TCLTC layout!

Enjoy!

JOHN