 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1937
1936  |  1938
Subject:
more mocs - cliffhouse, museum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 20:52:58 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

well, my first posting went really well. i must admit, i really appreciated hearing from people whose names were familiar since i’ve been lurking around for years, and to be welcomed so positively into what i know is a really fine community. and while these mocs that i’m announcing are in no way new, they’ve been on brickshelf for a while, i figure this is what lugnet is for, to share my work.

cliff house: built early last year, it stayed around for a long while because it broke my heart to break it up. it was a 3 story house with removable roof and floor with a lap pool that ran from the front hall to the ocean wall. it featured a movable glass wall that extended the living space out onto the deck built into the rockface cliff. the bedroom and tv room on the 3rd floor were divided by a balcony that overlooked the waterfall that flowed (by the virtue of lego engineering) between the 2nd and 3rd floor (environmentalists could believe that its power was harnessed to generate electricity for the house) and cascaded dramatically down into the ocean, to be viewed from the floor to ceiling windows of the dining room. imagine that dinner party!

museum of fine arts: built last fall. a simple one story building with peaceful gardens, meandering pathways and statuary. 3 wings featured “the grand masters”, “french impressionists” and “medieval monarchs”. the open air patio was accessed from the exterior open wall. the two reflecting pools were traversed by a simple arched bridge. one pool featured a fountain, the other a replica of the venus de milo.

i hope you enjoy these mocs like i have.

-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-