 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1727
New MOC: Market Building 'De Korenbeurs'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:16:04 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

At Groningen, The Netherlands, in the 1880’s a spacious building was erected to house the local exchange market for grains. The building was soon to be known as ‘De Korenbeurs’ (The Grain Exchange). As grain commerce gradually disappeared from the building, it has housed several other acivities over the years. These days, a supermarket is located in the building, which is still called De Korenbeurs.

This model was displayed at LEGOWORLD 2003 and is my current entry to the International System Creativity Contest. To see additional pictures and explanations on my own web site, please visit LEGO On My Mind and select Models: Market building from the menu.

Still more pictures (e.g. of the supermarket interior and a mechanism for moving shopping carts around) will be added later.

Enjoy the picture tour around and through the building.