 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1081
1080  |  1082
Subject:
That's not a tree, this is a tree...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2003 17:05:59 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I have finally posted my first moc (real moc not LDraw) and am using my
Brickshelf file for what is was intended, displaying the brick.

For those who know me my first moc post being a collection of trees will
really not surprise you, but Lego manufactured trees are just not big enough.

Well, its a collection of trees and a vine, the start of a book 101 things
to do with plant leaves.

This little collection is the product of too little to do on a Saturday
afternoon, a couple of hundred assorted plant leaves and a friends digital
camera (I'm glad now it wasn't 10,000 2x2 or otherwise I would still be
there trying to build the biggest tower I could ;)).

Some of my trees have been inspired by thing I have previously seen on
Brickshelf, after a reasonable look today I could not find them again so if
I owe you credit let me know so that you can bask in your glory.

Now if only lego released plant leaves in bulk packs....a whole forest....

Thanks to everyone who saw my tree at the Brickish Association's AGM
(http://www.brickish.org/) and gave me such positive feedback.

A couple (or 3) of deep links:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fifi/Trees/a_tree_gallery.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fifi/Trees/mini_tree_7.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fifi/Trees/vine4.gif
Folder Post-Moderation:

Thanks for looking

Fiona

Sorry for the poor picture quality but I was trying to keep the file size down.

Ooops forgot to take a picture of the finished fir tree, sorry.