 Announcements / 686
685  |  687
Subject:
First meeting of GardenSLUG!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.org
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 15:43:48 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

I hosted the first meeting of the newly formed GardenSLUG yesterday from 3:00
to about 9:30.  It was fun.

I was joined by (in order of arrival, I think) Cletus Romano, Andy Lynch,
Bianca Nebab, Laurajean Murphy, and Erik Olson.  We built from a pile of my
LEGO, LJ set up a train, Cletus showed off tons of vehicles, Erik brought a
nice tudor house shell, and Andy brought a few of his buildings.  We did a bit
of trading.  We had copious snacks, pizza for dinner, and good conversation.

We discussed the future too.  We have preliminarily decided that regular
members will be aged 18 and over, and that younger people will be welcomed with
sponsorship by a club member.  This is an attempt to allow as many people as
possible without facing some of the potential problems of completely open
membership.  We will work toward meeting every six to eight weeks for the
purpose of sharing ideas, critiquing and helping one another on current design
projects, having fun, and administrating larger future gatherings, shows, and
presentations.

I would be interested in hearing from other LUG members advice or ideas on
growing pain avoidance, what they do at meetings, etc.

If you are interested in joining us, let us know and we'll get together.

Sincerely,

Christopher Weeks