 Announcements / 622
621  |  623
Subject:
Brickbay is Online! (still Beta)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 10:19:34 GMT

Brickbay.com is up and running in beta mode.
It can be reached in 3-5 days under it's proper domain name:

http://www.brickbay.com

and until then by the following temporary address:

http://64.224.254.136

The site contains only bogus shop data that was entered by folks during the
last temporary visit and since then more features were added and may not be
pretty to look at so far (graphics will be added later).  There are still some
minor bugs that need to be resolved.  There is still so much work to be done.
You can play around with the site: open shop (for now everyone is approved
right away), try to buy something, build your inventory, change shop colors,
view your orders, etc.

The expected timeframe is as follows:

* 6/1 - 6/7: Beta mode.  During this time, I will collect feedback and
suggestions on what you'd like to see changed/added to the site to make you
most comfortable using it.

* 6/8 - 6/11: Test mode.  Whoever is interested in testing the site may do so
for a free parts reward:  (I'll be parting 10 copies of Bat Lord's castle as
soon as the site goes live)

$1 worth of free parts for every bug reported
$20 worth of free parts to the first person who can break into myBrickbay
without proper authorization, list all orders for a specific user and place
all users in suspended mode.
I'd like at least 10 people to really test the site to make sure it can handle
the traffic and volume.  To make sure that no 2 people report the same bug at
the same time, I could throw together a small bulletin board that would
disappear after testing but that would be time-consuming and more a waste of
time.
Todd:  If you're reading this, would it be OK to do the bug-reporting in
lugnet.off-topic.test?

* 6/12 - Brickbay goes live.  All bogus data will be deleted and trading may
begin.