 Announcements / 3916
  10194 Emerald Night Announcement

As per my Ambassadorial duties (and because I'm really excited about this set): ---...--- February 18, 2009 – In acknowledgement of the many fan blogs and posts in the last week we are writing to confirm that The LEGO Company will be launching the (...) (15 years ago, 18-Feb-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: 10194 Emerald Night Announcement

(...) Ga, Ga, Gorgeous! Simply awesome. I am so glad my son has a birthday in April (4yo). He is so going to get this. (Some adult assembly required.) Can you tell us who designed this set 10194 Emerald Express? Regardless, please forward my (...) (15 years ago, 18-Feb-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10194 Emerald Night Announcement

They really had me fooled with that "available on April 1st" part when I saw this on the Flickr LEGO Trains group. FYI, it's a violation of Flickr Terms of Service to just offer deep links without linking to the photo or set pages... but for the (...) (15 years ago, 18-Feb-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 10194 Emerald Night Announcement

Will the wheels be a drop-in replacement for BBB large wheels? This is grade-A quality, and the train set we've been waiting for since 4.5V. Of course, now we'll expect similar miracles of the new PF train-specific parts. :) -Stefan- (15 years ago, 18-Feb-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10194 Emerald Night Announcement

It is now listed out on the LEGO Shop at home site. (URL) Andrew Reynolds (15 years ago, 18-Feb-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10194 Emerald Night Announcement

WOW thats good. I am SO going to get one and use the large train wheels to build an American 4-4-0. Not sure if 6-wide or 8-wide would be more to scale with the real thing (may have to pull out my copy of Back To The Future 3 to check) (15 years ago, 18-Feb-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10194 Emerald Night Announcement

(...) -snip- (...) -snip- That's just a turn of phrase, right? Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (15 years ago, 18-Feb-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10194 Emerald Night Announcement

(...) This is nothing short of amazing! As soon as I saw the initial pictures of this a week or so ago all that was running through my mind was...'please be real'. After seeing this on S@H tonight I am so thrilled. We've been waiting for a good (...) (15 years ago, 19-Feb-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10194 Emerald Night Announcement

That'll do, TLG. That'll do. :) (15 years ago, 19-Feb-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10194 Emerald Night Announcement

It would be nice if TLC can share how this set will be powered? Maybe they got pushed into releasing this information early because it leaked (I speculate why that info is missing). -Ram (15 years ago, 19-Feb-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10194 Emerald Night Announcement

(...) Is this set going to be available for purchase at Brickfest in Portland? Is there a way to pre order it for the event? Cheers. (15 years ago, 19-Feb-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10194 Emerald Night Announcement

In lugnet.announce, Anthony Sava wrote: --- Snip! --- (...) --- Snip! --- This is great news! I can't wait to get a copy of this set for myself :-) (...) --- Snip! --- I noticed that on Shop@Home, the price in AUD will be AUD$149.99. Cheers, J.P. (...) (15 years ago, 20-Feb-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, FTX)