 Announcements / 3872
3871  |  3873
Subject:
*** LDView Version 4.0 Beta 1 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2008 22:16:31 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

LDView 4.0 Beta 1 is now available for download from the LDView downloads page here:

http://ldview.sourceforge.net/Downloads.html

This is a Beta release, which means that I’m hoping to get as much feedback as possible. This also means that it is likely not as stable as a final release, so you probably don’t want to try it out if you absolutely hate using buggy software.

Some notable changes:
  • Basic support for steps. (Basic means that rotations and buffer exchanges aren’t supported.)
  • POV export support (including LGEO support with separate XML file*).
  • MPD sub-model selection.
  • Model tree view.
  • SMP-aware for conditional edges and sorted transparency.
  • Native Cocoa version for Mac.
* LGEO exports require you to download the following file (which will be included in the final release):

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ldview/LGEO.xml?download

Put the file in the same directory as your LDView executable, and make sure to check the “Use XML mapping file” option in the POV export options. This will only work with the latest version of LGEO, although I can provide an XML mapping file that works with older LGEO versions if there is a demand.

Please see the full change history here.

Please send any bugs, suggestions, or other feedback to ldview@gmail.com. As mentioned above, the main reason for this release is to get feedback so that the official release will be as high-quality as possible.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)