 Announcements / 3871
3870  |  3872
Subject:
Brickmania launches Custom Instructions Club + New Forum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:24:23 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

BRICKMANIA INSTRUCTIONS CLUB

The club is a subscription service that includes access to new sets of customs instructions to be released each month. On December 1, 2008 I will release my first new set of instructions for the StuG III mechanized assault gun. This model was originally designed as a prototype for a custom kit and instructions are being featured in my forthcoming military modeling guide. However, as a special club exclusive, this version will include an additional instruction pack for a Panzer III tank.

Both models are built entirely with parts that are easily obtainable from recent LEGO sets and should be relatively easy to find. The instructions are assembled as high-resolution .PDF files which can be viewed on your screen or or printed with picture-quality results. My instructions now include parts-per-step box, with visual representations of each element, plus a master list to help you assemble all the parts you will need.

Membership to the Brickmania Instructions Club is available as an annual subscription service. A one year membership is $30 and will include at new set of building instructions to be released each month (an aggregate cost of less than $3 per set). It also includes complete access to the entire archive of my previously released instructions sets. Club members will also enjoy exclusive offers on my upcoming projects, including first crack at any new custom kits in the pipeline. Future model subjects will be varied and I already have a long list of prototype models lined up up that cover military, castle, trains and more.

To join the club you must first log in to the web site. Once signed in click “Purchase Subscription” link in the User Menu.

COMMUNITY FORUM

I have also set up a community forum (i.e. message board) to help help generate feedback, determine future models, and offer a place for builders to share strategies for finding parts, building tips, customizations, and other useful information. My hope is that this place will serve as a small community hub for those particularly interested in custom LEGO model building. This is a totally free service but you must register to post.

BOOK UPDATE...

More than a year in the making, my LEGO military modeling guide is nearing the final stages of construction. I am currently working on the final manuscript and the models that will appear in last two chapters. The book will feature dozens of military models by myself and other skilled builders. It will also include 12-15 NEW sets of building instructions for a variety of 20th and 21st century war machines. The book will be printed in full color and I have been given a target size of 250 pages. The final submission should be at the publisher before year’s end an actual release date in early summer 2009. We just a did a photo shoot that included a massive diorama of the Iwo Jima beach assault for my book. I’m really excited to share them and will post some previews on my site as soon as my photographer has them available.

More information and other goodness can be found at...

http://www.brickmania.com

Thanks for reading

Dan