 Announcements / 3793

Subject:
June Grand Openings for LEGO Brand Retail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 15:22:16 GMT

The month of June is going to have two grand openings for brand new LEGO Brand Retail Stores, one in Houston, TX and one in Phoenix, AR. I just wanted to make sure all of the information was posted in one place if you’re interesting in knowing when and where everything is happening.

Baybrook Mall, Houston, TX, June 20 - 22

Join in the weekend-long celebration, meet a LEGO Master Builder and help build an 8-ft tall LEGO Yoda™ model! Plus, you could receive an exclusive, collectible Texas-themed LEGO set or commemorative children’s LEGO t-shirt!

Master Building Event Hours:

Friday, June 20: 11 am – 7 pm

Saturday, June 21: 10 am – 6pm – commemorative Texas themed sets to be raffled off each hour

Sunday, June 22: 11 am – 6pm, plus the first 250 customers in the LEGO Store will receive a FREE child’s LEGO t-shirt with purchase – see store for details!

Chandler Fashion Center, Chandler, AR, June 27 – 29

Join in the weekend-long celebration, meet a LEGO Master Builder and help build an 8-ft tall LEGO R2-D2™ model! Plus, you could receive an exclusive, collectible Arizona-themed LEGO set or commemorative children’s LEGO t-shirt!

Master Building Event Hours:

Friday, June 27: 11 am – 7 pm

Saturday, June 28: 10 am – 6pm commemorative Arizona themed sets to be raffled off hour

Sunday, June 29: 11 am – 6pm, plus the first 250 customers in the LEGO Store will receive a FREE child’s LEGO t-shirt with purchase – see store for details!

Re: June Grand Openings for LEGO Brand Retail
The month of June is going to have two grand openings for brand new LEGO
Brand Retail Stores, one in Houston, TX and one in Phoenix, AR.  I just
wanted to make sure all of the information was posted in one place if you’re
interesting in knowing when and where everything is happening.

<snip>

That's fantastic news!  The more LEGO stores, the better I say!
*cough*whataboutcanada*cough*

:)

Dave K

Re: June Grand Openings for LEGO Brand Retail
The month of June is going to have two grand openings for brand new LEGO
Brand Retail Stores, one in Houston, TX and one in Phoenix, AR.  I just
wanted to make sure all of the information was posted in one place if you’re
interesting in knowing when and where everything is happening.

<snip>

That's fantastic news!  The more LEGO stores, the better I say!
*cough*whataboutcanada*cough*

:)

Dave K

Re: June Grand Openings for LEGO Brand Retail
Just a note to say I think that the original post means to read “Phoenix, AZ” not “Phoenix, AR”. I’d hate for LEGO fans to get lost in Arkansas on 27 June looking for a new retail store...

Eric Harshbarger

[...]

Whoops! missed that. I’ll try to get the main post edited to alleviate confusion. it should also be pointed out that the shirts are for the first 250 who make a purchase at 11:00 and thusly can only be obtained in the stores.

Steve

Re: June Grand Openings for LEGO Brand Retail
The month of June is going to have two grand openings for brand new LEGO Brand Retail Stores, one in Houston, TX and one in Phoenix, AR. I just wanted to make sure all of the information was posted in one place if you’re interesting in knowing when and where everything is happening.

an exclusive, collectible Texas-themed LEGO set

   an exclusive, collectible Arizona-themed LEGO set

Does anyone have any info on these two exclusive sets? I heard the Texas set was a space shuttle. I’d be interested in seeing photos. Please let me know if anyone wants to sell the sets and/or instructions. Thanks.

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, John Cooper wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Steve Witt wrote:

The month of June is going to have two grand openings for brand new LEGO Brand Retail Stores, one in Houston, TX and one in Phoenix, AR. I just wanted to make sure all of the information was posted in one place if you’re interesting in knowing when and where everything is happening.

an exclusive, collectible Texas-themed LEGO set

   an exclusive, collectible Arizona-themed LEGO set

Does anyone have any info on these two exclusive sets? I heard the Texas set was a space shuttle. I’d be interested in seeing photos. Please let me know if anyone wants to sell the sets and/or instructions. Thanks.

The exclusive Texas set was indeed a Space Shuttle Orbiter. I’ve been told the Arizona set was a cactus and I’m trying to get pictures or instructions of it, myself. As for the Texas set, I’m afraid you’ll find the number of TexLUGgers willing to sell it few and far between, but we do have pictures of it (as well as from the rest of the Grand Opening):

LEGO also gave away a great exclusive T-Shirt:

--Tony

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Anthony Sava wrote:
[...]

Thanks for sharing the photos. It looks like a great event for the new store.

Certainly someone in TexLUG has a big heart (everything is bigger in Texas, right?) and can share the instructions with me. Then of course our AFOL friends in Arizona won’t want to be outdone...

Hey, it doesn’t hurt to ask!