 Announcements / 3724
3723  |  3725
Subject:
One pile o' announcements from BrickJournal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2008 19:05:15 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi all,

BrickJournal Issue 1, Volume 2 is being printed right now, and is on target for shipping the last week of this month. There’s been a lot that has gone on during the preparation time, so here’s a release of sorts:

A Chat with Jørgen Vig Knudstorp

I was able to have a video chat with the CEO of the LEGO group last year. Through some incredibly goofy technical difficulties, this did not make it online until now. You can see this 25 minute video at the BrickJournal website, or you can go here.

International Sales
For those overseas from the US who have voiced concerns about not being able to order an issue of BrickJournal because of the high shipping cost, we have gotten a Bricklink dealer to sell the magazine. 1001bricks is taking individual orders for BrickJournal internationally and has a lower shipping rate.

BrickJournal Issue 1 to be sold in Bookstands and US LEGO stores
BrickJournal was ordered in limited numbers by Ingram Distribution, which handles the majority of newsstands in the US, and by the LEGO Group for sale in the US LEGO stores. Diamond Comic Distributors also ordered copies for some comic shops.

The publisher is working on European distribution channels, but as of this time, they are unavailable. We hope to have something by the second issue.

Group Rates
From Twomorrows (BrickJournal’s Publisher)

BrickJournal #1 is on press now, and will be shipping February 27, so expect to receive it in early March! (We’ll also send you a link to the free Digital Edition of the issue at the end of the month, to tide you over while you’re waiting for your printed copy to arrive.)

In the meantime, in an effort to make subscribing to BrickJournal more affordable for everyone (particularly those outside the US), we’re now offering a “BRICK O’ JOURNALS” which is a bulk order of 25 copies of the first print issue at 40% off cover price, plus shipping. So whether you’re looking to resell them to raise funds for your LEGO Club (or yourself), or want to combine your order with friends’ to save money off the single issue and subscription prices, it’s a great way for organizations and individuals to save on the ultimate magazine for LEGO enthusiasts. (NOTE: Each “brick” contains 25 copies of the same issue; no mixing of issues or changing of quantities.)

So, if you’d like to pool your order with others and order the “Brick O’ Journals”, go here!

If this route saves you money, we’ll be happy to issue you a refund for your original subscription order.

Individual orders should be taken through Twomorrows or through 1001bricks if you are not in the US.

Compilation Books to be Published
Twomorrows will be printing compilation books of BrickJournal back issues, starting with a book of Issues 1-3. There will be more information in the magazine, but I thought I’d tell ya:-)

Gee, I think that’s it - but more stuff is on the way!

Many thanks to all the people who have contributed and helped out with getting the mag off the ground and taking it to a new level!

Later,

Joe Meno
Editor, BrickJournal