 Announcements / 3635
3634  |  3636
Subject:
Call for Nominations: 2007/2008 LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 07:43:17 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

It has been more than a year since the last election of the LDraw.org Standards
Committee (LSC). Nominations are now open. All nominations must be received and
recorded by October 14. Elections will be held from October 17 ‘til October 31.

The LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) is responsible for maintaining
semi-regular internal discussions on pending file format issues, the overall
progress of the LDraw file format and new or proposed developments made by
different LDraw-based software authors. They adopt new official standards by
voting on them, and publish documentation on LDraw.org following such a
decision. The LSC has documented and will document past, current and future
LDraw File Formats.

To be eligible for LSC membership, per the LSC Final Draft (1), you must fulfill
at least one of the following:

    * Authored at least two LDraw parts subsequently released in an Official
LDraw.org Parts Update
    * Served as a reviewer on the Parts Tracker through at least 2 official
parts updates, and posted at least 5 reviews in at least two updates since their
initial participation
    * Authored a software program that is compliant with either the LDraw 0.2.7
spec (still valid since the new 1.0.0 specs have been ratified just a few weeks
ago) or another spec published by the LSC
    * Petition for nomination as an LSC candidate approved by 2 current LSC
members
    * Petition for nomination as an LSC candidate made to the LSC by at least 5
others eligible to be LSC candidates

In the event that an Official LDraw.org Parts Update has not been released for
more than six months the following criteria substitute the activity on the LDraw
Parts Tracker listed above:

    * Authored at least two LDraw parts which have been submitted to the Parts
Tracker and subsequently marked Certified
    * Served as a reviewer on the Parts Tracker for at lease one year, and
posted at least 5 reviews in that duration

People can either self-nominate or nominate someone else. When nominating,
please reference the person’s eligibility from the list above.

Nominations MUST be posted in direct reply to this post to be counted, and must
be online by 12:00am October 14.

Voting for the elections will begin October 17, and end October 31. Per the LSC
final draft, the LSC will officially change over on November 15th, giving time
to transition newly elected members into the committee.

Only LDraw organization members are permitted to vote in this poll. If you are
not registered as a member of the organization and would like to join, follow
the instructions at the bottom of this page: Joining the Organization.

Willy Tschager
On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee

(1) The LSC Final Draft: http://www.ldraw.org/Article382.html