 Announcements / 2692
2691  |  2693
Subject:
A window using SNOT and SNIR techniques
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:54:03 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello,

After the unofficial presentation in a false scientific document [1], I’m proud to announce you my latest application with SNIR technique [2].

This window is a combinaison of SNIR and SNOT.

When two 1x1 parts are placed in diagonal and turned with a 45° angle, (so the two parts are parallel) the gap between the 1x1 parts is exactly the thickness of a tile.

The width of a tile added with a stud height is 3 plates (or a brick or 2 plates + 1 tile) high.

So, using this technique, I built the window where 1x1 parts are the glasses and the tiles the borders. At last, this structure is placed vertically.

In my example of the window, I used trans-yellow plates as support in order to keep the transparency. It is a good way to reconcile ClassicSpace and ClassicCastle fans ;-)

Oh, and watch how I fixed the red flag. I used a spanner. A good idea in my mind to use screwdrivers and to have flags parallel to the wall.

The folder on brickshelf after moderation : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=98760

[1] Didier “SixStuds” Enjary, Journal of Theoretical and Applied LEGO Mathematics II, http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=98445 [2] Reinhard “Ben” Beneke, Studs Not In Row, http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=69760

Erik / brickerik