 Announcements / 2414
New website: www.holly-wood.it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:15:42 GMT

Hi folks,

I’d like to announce the official launch of my brand new website:

www.holly-wood.it

Holly-Wood.it is mainly focusing on virtual building by providing software
add-ons, ldraw-parts or just tips and tricks. It also offers micro-scale and
space building instructions or wallpapers for download. The fansite comes in
three "flavours": English, German and Italian. Enjoy!

Re: New website: www.holly-wood.it
lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 03:08:22 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Willy Tschager wrote:
Hi folks,

I’d like to announce the official launch of my brand new website:

www.holly-wood.it

Holly-Wood.it is mainly focusing on virtual building by providing software
add-ons, ldraw-parts or just tips and tricks. It also offers micro-scale and
space building instructions or wallpapers for download. The fansite comes in
three "flavours": English, German and Italian. Enjoy!

Excellent looking site with lots of useful stuff in there. Bookmarked!

Have you considered generating instruction images rather than leaving the
instructions merely as CAD files? It's not a big step but it makes them much
more accessable.

Cheers,

Allister

Re: New website: www.holly-wood.it
lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:45:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Allister McLaren wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Willy Tschager wrote:
Hi folks,

I’d like to announce the official launch of my brand new website:

www.holly-wood.it

Holly-Wood.it is mainly focusing on virtual building by providing software
add-ons, ldraw-parts or just tips and tricks. It also offers micro-scale and
space building instructions or wallpapers for download. The fansite comes in
three "flavours": English, German and Italian. Enjoy!

Excellent looking site with lots of useful stuff in there. Bookmarked!

many thx for the compliments!

Have you considered generating instruction images rather than leaving the
instructions merely as CAD files? It's not a big step but it makes them much
more accessable.

I do not quite right understand your question. images are provided along with
the dats. clicking the thumbnail or the title.gif or the numbers after "pages:"
will lead to a new page containing a javascript driven slideshow. check it out.
(hmmm ... probably I should change the behavior ... will look into that).

bye, w. (aka Holly Wood)

Re: New website: www.holly-wood.it
lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:33:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:

I do not quite right understand your question. images are provided along with
the dats. clicking the thumbnail or the title.gif or the numbers after "pages:"
will lead to a new page containing a javascript driven slideshow. check it out.
(hmmm ... probably I should change the behavior ... will look into that).

I see them now. I missed that the image was a live link. Excellent quality
images there.

Was the moonscape background done in the render program or is it post processed?
I'm getting bored of plain backgrounds.

Allister

Re: New website: www.holly-wood.it
lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:01:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Allister McLaren wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:

I do not quite right understand your question. images are provided along with
the dats. clicking the thumbnail or the title.gif or the numbers after "pages:"
will lead to a new page containing a javascript driven slideshow. check it out.
(hmmm ... probably I should change the behavior ... will look into that).

I see them now. I missed that the image was a live link. Excellent quality
images there.

Was the moonscape background done in the render program or is it post processed?
I'm getting bored of plain backgrounds.

it has been rendered with bryce using 5 meshes and a texture.

w.