 Announcements / 1177
  MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

To All, It was a great time and event that MichLUG did this past weekend at the GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It was hard work, but I think it was well received, and it was just a blast. Here are my notes, thoughts, and other Scottism’s. : ) (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug) !

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Sanburn writes: Thanks for that great report, Scott! My "daughter" is Julia Barai, our Siberian exchange student redux (she left, came back on a student visa and is going to college, in her 3rd year now). (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Sanburn writes: Thanks for that great report, Scott! My "daughter" is Julia Barai, our Siberian exchange student redux (she left, came back on a student visa and is going to college, in her 3rd year now). (and I (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

Larry & All, (...) Oops, my goof. Someone told me that, and I don't think I got introduced properly, and I forgot to ask, so I apologize! Scott "Foot in mouth yet again!" S. -- (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) No no, my fault for not introducing her better!!! ++Lar (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) That is an amazing looking garden. Where did you steal all those flowers? Boy oh boy, that in itself should be enough to coax LEGO Direct into making flowers available in bulk. That it just incredible. Now imagine if we could get Cyprus trees. (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  (canceled)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) Kristin. Two I's. Just this once, I won't tell her you spelled it with an E. She *really* doesn't like it when people misspell her name. (...) Jamie. He doesn't seem to care about spelling as much. (...) No problem. Sorry about the mess. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) Well, I apologize. You would not belive the number of times Sanburn has been misspelled. Is it that hard? I shrudder to think how bad it would be if I had a name like Pieniazek ir something! ; ) (...) Ugh, am I good or what? (...) No problem, (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) So far people have marked with: - blue paint marker - white labels with name/initials written in pen - white w/ red stripe mailing labels (in small pieces) - multi-colored metallic star stickers - black dots - initials in permanent black (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) (these were stickers) (...) I think you got them all, except Steve R was using white paint dots I thought. Scott, I am very sorry but that means you can only use Pink. :-) Or yellow, or green... Do we have to worry about what other clubs do? (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) <snip> (...) I don't think it's a big concern. Odds are if several clubs are getting together to do a layout, each group will have it's own area (if only for ease of setup/teardown). There's also the fact that it's pretty long odds of two (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) Where'd you get the stickers? It's not easy being green... <GD&R> (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) Model paint. It's not easy being Brown, either. ;) James (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) Well, I gotta ask.. why AREN'T you using brown paint then? (there is no color that's an obvious choice to associate with my name, but for people that have one???) Did you ever see that index card? One side says "green" in red letters, and the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) Because brown doesn't show up very well against dark grey. Bright, easily distinguished colors make sorting out what track belongs to who much faster. James (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) Ya, ya, refute me with practical details. Just use Fluorescent Brown(tm) (1). FUT o-t.fun 1 - I don't think there is such a color but there "could be"... mix flourescent green and orange and see what you get! ++Lar (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: MichLUG - GATS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan - My Report

(...) hmm, it's not too useful as a color, but I'll have to remember that if I ever want to name a child something horrible. :) (...) A bad trip? James (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)