 Announcements / *9528 (-5)
Re: Tabula scalata Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 2021 16:44:47 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, "Daniel" <cryptologistpuzzler@gmail.com> wrote:
I've been experimenting with some techniques to make "tabula scalata" Lego that
forms different images when viewed at different angles. Here's a couple of
videos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5UY2WZy8MNMNgr157

https://photos.app.goo.gl/q1qqvGUeSYjk5m7i7

and a brief blog

https://thediscreetblogproblem.wordpress.com/2021/01/23/putting-lego-in-perspective/

That's pretty cool. There has been some work in this area in the past, at least
one mosaic at Brickworld did this, several years in a row now.

Subject:
Tabula scalata Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 2021 20:56:52 GMT

I've been experimenting with some techniques to make "tabula scalata" Lego that
forms different images when viewed at different angles. Here's a couple of
videos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5UY2WZy8MNMNgr157

https://photos.app.goo.gl/q1qqvGUeSYjk5m7i7

and a brief blog

https://thediscreetblogproblem.wordpress.com/2021/01/23/putting-lego-in-perspective/

Subject:
LUGNET is moving servers once more
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 2 May 2020 17:06:01 GMT

Dear LUGNET Users,

after quite some time we have decided to move LUGNET to a more modern
cloud-based server platform to improve bandwidth and reliability of the service.

While we are aware that technology has advanced and the LUGNET discussion
platform is not anywhere near as active as it used to be, we shall try to fix
the (still broken) email gateway in the process to facilitate postings if you
need them.

All other means of access should remain unchanged and if the migration works out
as planned, it will keep the site up and running for years to come.

Thanks and regards,

Jerry

Subject:
LEGO Display over the Family Day Weekend at the International Centre, Toronto
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2020 18:02:55 GMT

We will be setting up a small display at the International Centre over the
Family Day Weekend--

http://www.toronto4kids.com/Calendar/index.php/name/Kids-Fest-Toronto/event/8160/

Sat., Feb. 15th
Sun., Feb. 16th
Mon., Feb. 17th
10:00am – 6:00pm

International Centre
6900 Airport Road
Mississauga, ON

I'll be bringing some sort of space layout, and Kevin is bringing his Dioramas
as well.

If others are interested in displaying with us, please let me know either via
e-mail, here, Facebook, whatever.  You don't have the display for the entire
weekend.

We'd love to see you, and love to see what you bring to show!

Dave K

Subject:
Reptillian Space Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2019 00:20:57 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

This started as a real-life build with my son that then got embellished in LDD and rendered with bluerender. &#65279;

The design is a departure from my typical “Neo-Classic-Space” builds. Its form felt much more “organic” and the green/dark-gray color scheme felt like it should belong to a reptilian race of aliens. It is armed with 2 powerful anti-capital ship cannons that draw power directly from the main engines. it has twin light blasters mounted on the tip of each sponson as well as 4 guided missiles. The cockpit detaches and serves as an escape pod. It is a compact design with only 230 bricks and as such I had to abandon my general rule of including retractable landing gear in my designs.

After it was built, it did feel like it subconsciously drew inspiration from the new-battlestar-galactica cyclon raiders.

I also rendered it as a Blactron ship which felt like it could have fit the general theme.

A couple of more pics at brickshelf

Enjoy,

drc

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact