 Space / 41812
41811  |  41813
Subject:
Reptillian Space Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2019 00:20:57 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

This started as a real-life build with my son that then got embellished in LDD and rendered with bluerender.

The design is a departure from my typical “Neo-Classic-Space” builds. Its form felt much more “organic” and the green/dark-gray color scheme felt like it should belong to a reptilian race of aliens. It is armed with 2 powerful anti-capital ship cannons that draw power directly from the main engines. it has twin light blasters mounted on the tip of each sponson as well as 4 guided missiles. The cockpit detaches and serves as an escape pod. It is a compact design with only 230 bricks and as such I had to abandon my general rule of including retractable landing gear in my designs.

After it was built, it did feel like it subconsciously drew inspiration from the new-battlestar-galactica cyclon raiders.

I also rendered it as a Blactron ship which felt like it could have fit the general theme.

A couple of more pics at brickshelf

Enjoy,

drc