 Ambassadors / 409
Re: A question about Flextronics & brick opacity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:47:48 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Timothy Gould wrote:

Although I can’t find a copy right now I know TLG have released a press release or two on this type of issue. There were quality issues caused in part by Flextronic (hinted at on the release and now by the end of the deal) and in part by new and cheaper ways of dyeing the bricks (openly admitted in the release).

Tim

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the reply! I’m very glad to hear that TLG is aware of these issues and taking steps to address them. I’ve made my peace with the color change (although I haven’t adopted them yet!), but this variance in the other colors in the spectrum (as well as the smoother texture on slope bricks) was very likely going to seal my decision to never purchase new sets! What a bummer that would be!

I’m thrilled to know that I’ll just have to wait a little while TLG takes a firmer hand in their production facilities so that they continue to maintain the superior standards that we’ve all come to respect and admire!

Cheers!

Dave S.