 Ambassadors / 407
Re: A question about Flextronics & brick opacity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2008 23:58:09 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Dave Sterling wrote:

Hey Dave S.! There’s a great old thread on this where some of us plastics techies get our info. on postulating about what this issues could be.

Lugnet Thread Here

My speculation is that it’s an issue with liquid color since liquid color usually does not quite offer the opacity that standard pigment does. They also may have dropped the TiO2 loading to save $. Whatever it is, it might not matter any longer as LEGO has decided to step away from Flextronics in recent weeks.

LEGO to end Flextronics Deal

Hope this helps.

-Dave

ToT-LUG

Hey Dave! :-)

I remember that first thread, but hadn’t heard that TLG was going to return to a more directly involved management of parts production. I’m greatly relieved to hear it! I was worried that I might have to stop buying new product altogether!

Here’s hoping they get this all sorted out soon!

Dave S.