 Ambassadors / 408
Re: A question about Flextronics & brick opacity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 00:08:24 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, David Simmons wrote:
   Hey all,

I recently bought the SpongeBob Rocket Ride #3831 and was quite pleased with the design and functions. However, I noticed that the tan plate has a brighter, slightly more translucent quality to it. I noticed the same thing with orange when I bought Bikini Bottom.

The older orange (on top) has a stronger and richer color. My question is whether this less opaque appearance is going to be the standard in the future or is Flextronics still working on matching the TLG-manufactured colors.

Dave S.

Although I can’t find a copy right now I know TLG have released a press release or two on this type of issue. There were quality issues caused in part by Flextronic (hinted at on the release and now by the end of the deal) and in part by new and cheaper ways of dyeing the bricks (openly admitted in the release).

Tim