 Ambassadors / 387
Re: LEGO Star Wars Anniversary Set - Help Decide
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:39:32 GMT

   To celebrate our anniversary we would like to develop a special Ultimate Collector model at retail price of around 150 USD/EUR.

1. What model do you recommend that LEGO Star Wars launches in October 2009 as celebration of LEGO Star Wars 10th anniversary?

2. Should it be a model in minifigure scale or a big display model?

3. Which key characters / minifigs should be included if the model is minifigure scale?

4. What key functions should be included?

It’s a long shot and might be hard to pull off as a single kit, but I’d like to see a minifig-scale Order 66 diorama set, with the recreations of the scenes in Revenge of the Sith where the various Jedi get taken out. It’d be a good opportunity to have the different Jedi figs which were previously released in separate kits, along with different clone types, Yoda, Anakin, Chewie, a section of Kashyyyk (with a “holographic” Palpatine?), a section of the Temple (including younglings might be taking things a bit far), Plo Koon’s jedi fighter, Felucian plantlife, etc. Order 66 being the pivotal turning point between the prequels and the original trilogy.

Another idea for a minifig-scale kit (my preferred scale) would be the different rebel and imperial vehicles together with a section of the Death Star trench run, or from the Battle of Endor. Both are iconic space battle scenes from the original trilogy.

I think a display-sized Republic Star Destroyer would be great, and would tie into the new Clone Wars series. It’d look nice next to the UCS Imperial Star Destroyer.