 Ambassadors / 101
Re: Who Does Lego Like the Most?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:39:20 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Kevin Heckel wrote:

Given the Lego scene’s lack of any serious journalism, I am forced to merely speculate as to the intentions of Lego and their degree of success with the program.

Call me a cynic, but I always assumed that the main goal of the Lego Ambassador program was to increase sales (read: dollars, pounds, euros, lyra, rubles, etc.). Also, it could have been a way to quell some of the whining that takes place when changes are made (i.e. color changes and 9V trains).

If Giant Evil Corporations (and I’m afraid that Lego may be one :gasp:) pretend to listen to what amounts a small (but vocal) core fan base, then hopefully that will lead to more buyers getting all warm and fuzzy inside and then stop buying Mega Bloks.

Of course, I imagine that if you ask the average kid/mom in the toy aisle of Wal-Mart, Toys R Us or Target about the Lego Ambassador program, you will be looked at quite strangely. So this begs the question who was the LA program designed for? AFOLs or the Average Lego Buyer?

I’m going with AFOLs.

Re: Who Does Lego Like the Most?