 Administrative / General / 8107
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 00:45:31 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Selçuk Göre writes:

He's simply stating some things he doesn't like about the Lego community as he
sees it.  What's the problem with that?

Once again, what it comes down to is this:  Over on *his* site, which you are
under no obligation to visit, he says some things that *you* don't agree with.
That doesn't mean (IMHO) that he should be excluded from Lugnet.

I think we are not talking about "excluding him from Lugnet", he is already
excluded in some way, and not for his web content. What we are talking about is
whether his apologies are sincere or not. And his web content makes me
believing the otherwise.

If, on the other hand, he comes here and strongly (but civilly) says that he
sees no problem with gluing/painting LEGO, or that he doesn't think LDraw is
all everyone makes it out to be, or that he enjoys simplicity of designs...  I
will support his right to say any of those things.  The fact that you disagree
with what he says doesn't mean he should be excluded.

He is not the first one in none of his complainings. There are people who are
using glue or paint in their creations. I remeber an CLSoTW at some date
featuring mechas from painted, glued and modified bricks. I can't recall anyone
jumping on another just because he/she uses paint/glue in his/her creations.
Actually I'm one of the people who don't like Ldraw so much, and also
complained about following the old format in this much extend. I always
commented about how LeoCAD is better in many ways than Ldraw, even in L-CAD
listserv group way before Lugnet. I don't have any problem with his
complainings but I have too much problem with his pathetic way, and being this
documents still online in the same form as before, makes me believing that
nothing was changed at his side, and that his apologies (which have also some
flaws and stopendous approaches in them) are hollow words.

Actually, considering his very nice background, I'm not sure I will be
forgiving him even if he put them down. Could I believe that you are not
taking those personally? I just trying to clear myself about my point, nothing
more. I feel a bit bittering in your postings (not exactly in this one). I wish
I was wrong.

Selçuk