 Administrative / General / 8072
Re: In conclusion... (my stance hasn't changed)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 17:40:46 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Moulton writes:
  By acting as a virtual punching
bag I can let help some people feel better.

-Matthew

Matthew:

Please give up the martyr routine.  We are here because you have said some nasty
things and violated the TOS.  I feel just fine about myself today, thanks.  If
you are truly sorry for hurting people, then quit trying to spin this whole
ordeal as if you are somehow the victim.  Yes, I believe that some things have
been said to you, about you, that ought not to have been said.  Realize, though,
that you have deeply hurt some folks by your comments about James Jessiman, and
while it is true that you have been the receiver of some venom, what did you
expect?  I may not like some individuals who have passed on, but I'm not going
to dessicate their graves.  Also, if you were offended by some people on RTL a
while back, why didn't you tactfully address the problem, one-on-one, so to
speak, by e-mail with the individuals that you feel wronged you?  That one is on
you.  I'm fully prepared to see what Matthew Moulton has to offer...I'm fully
prepared to check out your models, and to value your contributions, so long as I
have confidence that you are a person of good-will.  You have damaged the trust
that could have been put in you, and I doubt that it can ever be fully
rectified.  But I think that you can rebuild a measure of that trust.  But
enough of this woe-is-me victim nonsense.  It smacks of manipulation, and
frankly causes me to view your apologies with some degree of suspicion.  If you
want us to value you, then start treating us with the same value that you hope
to be accorded.