 Administrative / General / 8047
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 14:36:13 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Selçuk Göre writes:

Scott A wrote:

f*ck hits 3 hits

Lets start by having everyone of those posters thrown out of LUGNET?

Scott, do you think this is an appropriate example? I never care much
some f words in a post, since I'm using bad language in my everyday
life, (but still trying to not use them in my post here since TOS banned
them) but is this the key actually?

Even more pertinent, glancing over the three posts in question for the "f word"
(well, two, since one is cancelled) will show that they are about whether or
not the word is offensive... in other words, they were talking about whether or
not it's necessary to have a ban on the words, or where to draw the line.  It's
not like these people were cursing up a storm in a conversational post, or
slinging the words at other users.

eric