 Administrative / General / 8036
Re: My Stance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:09:10 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:G2ps0v.7xy@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
I think webpage updates need be few and far between. I do not know if • Todd is
able to limit the number of posts MM can make to (say) once a • month/week?

If you're actually suggesting that this guy be allowed to post here AT • ALL
(outside of this group for a very short period of time until you overly • nice
people come to your senses and realize what a pointless waste of time • this
farce of an apology is) then you need to take a break from playing • devil's
advocate because you aren't just suggesting a course of action contrary • to
what may seem to be the popular opinion, you're suggesting something that • is
100% wrong and unacceptable.

I'm tending to side with Mike here.

I remember the RTL instruction scans incident all too well. Matt has • glossed
over that, but my recollection (Ka On Lee posted a deja reference to it) • was
that anyone that said ANYTHING that suggested that maybe what Matt was • about
to do wasn't a completely brilliant idea or who said that maybe BrickShelf
didn't "suck" but actually was a good thing... had the flame turned on • them by
Matt.

Well if you think it will be productive, perhaps we should crawl over
everyone's past, and use it against them. Perhaps we should draw up a table
of the 10 most inflammatory posts for both here and RTL... and have those
guys tossed out too. I have just done a reach on LUGNET for:

b*st*rd - 35 hits
f*ck hits 3 hits

Lets start by having everyone of those posters thrown out of LUGNET?

Scott A

Nothing has yet convinced me that there has been any fundamental change in
Matt's underlying attitude or propensity to do it again. Yes, RTL isn't • here.
Yes I don't believe in prior restraint, but this isn't prior restraint. • What
Matt did HERE is bad enough to banish him from HERE, with no offsetting
positive contribution to make up for it (some of our group do tend to • flame a
bit but it's lower intensity over longer periods, instead of one fast • blast).

Ultimately it's Todd's call. Kudos to him for looking for community
consensus... but it's his call.

++Lar