 Administrative / General / 6269
Re: Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 02:46:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Todd L wrote:
Composite collation of ratings would also help in building and maintaining
"cool links" lists which are currently created by hand by a number of people.
Imagine if you could get a "cool links" list tailored just for you, in addition
to lists prepared by hand or other impersonal composite machine-generated
lists.

I don't think you need site ratings to do this. If there was some way
for a person (whether the site owner or someone else) to "register" a
site with the cool links page, and then fill in a form specifying which
themes (not just Lego themes, but themes popular with AFOLs such as
military models or Ancient Rome) or subjects it covered, and what kind
of other content was included, a user wanting a personalised list of
cool sites could then specify what themes or subjects they wanted to see
and get a customised list. This wouldn't address site *quality* but
that's so subjective and a site which might be very low quality from a
design point of view might be just the one I want from a content point
of view.

Kevin

--
Personal Lego Web page: