 Administrative / General / 5553
Re: New feature: Article rating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:16:57 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 16:54:30 GMT, Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
Yeah, I don't think I've ever "signed in" simply because I can't
bother to keep up with another password I didn't pick.  Once I hear I
can login ONCE with this password I refuse to put any effort into
holding onto or remembering and change it to something I can remember
without effort, I'll do it.  Until then, having a password without the
ability to change it isn't of much value to me.

You can sign in once with your password and stay permanently signed in.

(Simply use the middle radio button at the Sign-In page.)

So what do I do when I login at a publicly accessible machine in a
lab?  What does anyone in a college environment do?  People who are
lucky enough to have a spouse who reads (and has a membership) at
LUGNET but uses the same computer?

To be so concerned about password security as you seem to be (2,050
times easier to brute-force?) having the permanently signed in option
as a solution to not being able to create our own passwords seems a
little silly.

I don't have my computer save my Yahoo! username and password - why
would I do it for LUGNET?

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html