 Administrative / General / 5554
Re: New feature: Article rating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:10:17 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 16:34:08 GMT, "Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net>
wrote:

Both Larry and I agree on this - that means we have to be right.

Basing logical arguments on cults of personality is generally also a bad
idea.

Yeah, but the point is we ARE right.

In your opinion.  And I am right in mine.

You're not concerned about it,
Todd may not be concerned about it, but the market backs us up.  Can
you change your password at Amazon.com?  BN.com?   Any other major
online retailer you care to name?  How about eCircles?  MyCNN.com?
Sure you can.

And how is Lugnet a retailer, exactly?

Look, I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see the feature.  But I don't
think it's "broken" in any way, I don't think it's "unusable" by a "majority of
the Lugnet population".

Throwing around words like that really waters down your argument.

So while I might joke about Larry and I being important enough to
suggest that _our_ opinion on this issue is the _right_ one (we are
and it is)

Uh-huh.  Pardon me if I fail to crumble before your almighty wisdom.

eric