 Administrative / General / 12369
Re: wish's - Contest canceled
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:02:57 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Chris Magno wrote:

This last line bears repeating!!

"Larry's condensing and rude attitudes, pompous arrogance and
reasoning skills are unbecoming of an official spokes person or admin of
Lugnet. "

My personal wish, AND I'm sure the wishs of MANY more who choose to
remain silent out of fear,  is to see Lar stripped of his Orwellian powers.

lastly, re:

What do your friends in
rtlToronto think of your antics?

WHO do you think encourages me?  Who do you think donated the prizs?  I
just happen to be the guy with the hutzpah to stand up and take the rap!!!

Chris

I must state here, even though I am not very active at all currently in adminly
duties, my extreme disappointment with your behavior and the behavior of the
people encouraging you who have been too cowardly to come out and make
themselves known.

I am a long time frend of Larry's and stand behind him 100%. Larry is one of
the--if not *the* most selfless member of the community I know. He has given
more to the furtherance of the LEGO hobby than you ever will, given my
obeservations of your interactions online. You should be ashamed of yourself for
your mistreatment towards him, and your outright assault on the well being of
this community.

-Tim

I have never met Lar. I have traded discussion posts with him many times, not
always to our mutual satisfaction, but I think (or at least hope) that we still
respect each others views. When I read Chris's posts in this thread, a very old
post on lugnet hovered at the edge of my memory. A bit of searching (using
various terms) finally revealed the post in question. I think the first para is
most revealing...

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=7098

Lar takes a lot of heat. Lar is passionate about what he believes in. Lar is
trying exceptionally hard to do the right thing and not step on too many toes.
Meanwhile folks on both sides of the aisle seem to be sticking toes out
saying...  "go ahead, step on it, I dare you". Thats poor form and not helping
the situation. Having said all this, no one is perfect. Mistakes most likely
have been made and will happen again. The secret is to learn from those
mistakes. I truly look forward to the day when I will see more posts from Lar
like this one ...

http://news.lugnet.com/loc/us/ca/sf/?n=1200

We *really* need more lightness and enjoyment from all of this and less trashing
of one another and of the mothership. I think Lar is a great guy. I also think
he is carrying (along with the other admins) a huge amount of responsibility and
workload. Keep up the good work guys.

Ray