 Administrative / General / 12460
Re: wish's - Contest canceled
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 18:18:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

This new information brings up an interesting twist and question, but first I
will adamntly say that what Chris did was wrong, in any forum.

If Chris did the contest completely outside of lugnet, and a third party brings
it to lugnet, is it really *just* to "revoke his right to post indefinitely?"  I
don't think so, *if* that was the primary reason for his "time out".

No, the primary reason will be said to be the original "Wish's" (sic) post.  The
justification is weak, as others have pointed out, because there are other
examples of others who have put that sort of sentiment out but they haven't been
timed out.

However, it's pretty obvious the underlying reasons are what happens off Lugnet.

Which makes me ask, if I burn an effigy of an admin tonight and photograph it,
then put the photos up on say...Geocities, am I going to face a ban too? :)  And
I think the resulting action will really define what this administration is all
about.

Calum