 Administrative / General / 11443
Re: fun with LUGNET web site statistics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:51:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller wrote:
Dan Boger <dan@peeron.com> wrote:
Cool - do you have the stats for page views?  Those are often useful to
compare with the hits.

It's hard on Lugnet, since pages aren't all handily suffixed with .html.
But I think it's around 18.4% -- the majority is definitely graphics.

Depending on the software you use, I guess - I think that webalizer allows you
to specify what _isn't_ a page :)

Distinct hosts served: 1,028,820
Data transfered: 715.26 gigabytes
Average data per day: 2.07 gigabytes
Average hits-per-second: 4.98
Interesting stats!

I'd be curious to see the ones for peeron, if only because I'm in a web
server stats geek mode right now. :)

Always fun :)  Here are the stats from end of March 2003 to the end of January
2004.

  Average hits (that's images, pages, whatever) per day: 143,853
  Average Pages (no images, JS, etc) per day: 39,362
  Distinct hosts served: 388,651
  Data transfered: 300.77 gigabytes
  Average data per day: 824 megabytes

This is only for Peeron - not counting LDraw, or any of the other sites hosted
on Peeron.  It also means this doesn't count all the ldraw generated images (and
hits) from inventory views.

Dan