 Administrative / General / 11437
    fun with LUGNET web site statistics —Matthew Miller
   Today, I got the 2GB of compressed log files representing Lugnet traffic over the past approximately-a-year. After crunching for a while, realizing that I needed to move everything to a faster server, and restarting there, I discovered that what I (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !!

        Re: fun with LUGNET web site statistics —David Schilling
     (...) All very interesting statistics! Thanks for crunching the data. I have always thought that Lugnet should allow Google (and perhaps other search engines) to crawl the posts on Lugnet. Even though the data would perhaps be a few weeks old, I (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: fun with LUGNET web site statistics —Dan Boger
     (...) heh :) Though, I believe since around the time that LDraw.org moved to be hosted on Peeron's server, we stopped using partref's pictures, and started using LDraws - any referrer's from us to LUGNET after, say, April 2003 or so are either (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general) !

         Re: fun with LUGNET web site statistics —Matthew Miller
     (...) It's hard on Lugnet, since pages aren't all handily suffixed with .html. But I think it's around 18.4% -- the majority is definitely graphics. (...) I'd be curious to see the ones for peeron, if only because I'm in a web server stats geek mode (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: fun with LUGNET web site statistics —Dan Boger
     (...) Depending on the software you use, I guess - I think that webalizer allows you to specify what _isn't_ a page :) (...) Always fun :) Here are the stats from end of March 2003 to the end of January 2004. Average hits (that's images, pages, (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: fun with LUGNET web site statistics —Tim David
   Thanks for posting these. Although I have absolutely no use for them I find statistics facinating. I had a brief look at the Korean pages you mentioned, all seem very professional but of course completely unintelligable (even with the Korean fonts (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.general)