 Administrative / General / 11441
Re: fun with LUGNET web site statistics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:05:37 GMT

Dan Boger <dan@peeron.com> wrote:
Cool - do you have the stats for page views?  Those are often useful to
compare with the hits.

It's hard on Lugnet, since pages aren't all handily suffixed with .html.
But I think it's around 18.4% -- the majority is definitely graphics.

    Distinct hosts served: 1,028,820
    Data transfered: 715.26 gigabytes
    Average data per day: 2.07 gigabytes
    Average hits-per-second: 4.98
Interesting stats!

I'd be curious to see the ones for peeron, if only because I'm in a web
server stats geek mode right now. :)

Referring sites:
    By far, the biggest site here is www.peeron.com -- largely due to
    the embedded images links above.
I am curious to see how many of those are after we stopped using
partsref images.

Yeah, me too. As a rough cut, I can run it again for just the last six
months.

And there you have it.
Very cool!  Maybe we could set up a way to have the server generate and
report these stats monthly in admin.statistics?  It's very interesting!

Right now, doing so would totally kill the Lugnet server (even using
trimmed historical data). But I'd like to see something like that sometime
in the future.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>