  Search Results: bionicle
 Results 1191 – 1195 of about 4900.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

Re: Bringing the bionicle and technic folks back together ;-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 03:37:39 GMT

In lugnet.technic, David Laswell wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Miguel Agullo wrote:
http://www.roboticspot.com/spot/artic.shtml?todo=&block=8&newspage=robots

Huh?  What does this have to do with either theme?  I see a big
teal/orange/black robot (says something about being 3.45 meters tall) on a page
that's written in Spanish (and even though I took two years in high school, I'm
not very good at learning new languages, and it's been a few years, so...).  I
looked around a bit, and best I can figure out is you're referring to the fact
that there are humanoid robots featured in one area of the page.  Is that what
you're referring to?

I think he may have just been trying to get our minds off of differences in
building elements by getting us to focus on something we probably all would
think was cool, a nifty new robot. In case anyone wants to find out more about
this new bot, here's the manufacturer's web site:

http://www.enryu.jp/

It's in Japanese, but you can go to Babelfish, (http://world.altavista.com/)
paste the web address for the site on the "Translate a Web page" line and set to
translate Japanese to English. The site has info and there are a bunch of movies
on the "animated picture page"

-James

bionicle
(score: 0.304)

Re: What in the...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:38:43 GMT

So, I've been out of the loop for a bit, primarily due to work, and I've been
reading all of this stuff post PDX (which I wanted to go to, but never had the
points on my Aeroplan to afford it) and scratching my head in shock on some of
the posts that are coming out of it and the LFN kickoff thread.

Where the heck did all of these obsessive compulsive nutcases come from?
(Yeah, I know you're all reading.  Just notice the message header says
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, so I'm not talking to you.  You need to be subscribed
to this group or reading top level, so obviously you're smart enough to filter
out stuff that isn't directed to you.)

I can't believe how crazy these folks are!  Walking up to people in the aisles
to inform them about Lego's colour change.  What, you have nothing better to
do?!  That's about on par with the weirdos on Dundas and Yonge screaming and
passing out literature on the apocalypse.

Proclaiming you won't buy anymore sets.  Good for you.  That means more MERs,
Backhoes and AT-TE's for me!

THAT'S TELLIN' THEM!! Lego is too stupid for you all :P

Criticizing Jake for not bringing more to show.  Do they realize back on rtl we
had to scour catalogs from random places like Iowa and wait our turn on
overloaded FTP servers to see what new sets were available?  We're getting
official previews on BrickSet, Classic Castle, ILTCO and these people are
complaining?!

I am also sick and tired of everyone complaining of LEGO's actions.  Stating
they will never buy a technic set again because "It has no studs!!!"  COM'ON
PEOPLE!!! THEY ARE AS STREAMLINED AND SOLID AS EVER!!!!! The old ones were
constanly falling apart on me...

I am present a lot in the bionicle section in BZPower.com.  When the new 2004
set were released featuring "Kanoka" Discs, fans went ballistic over the fact
that "They have been used 3 times!!"

Gimme a break.  They were used in the Throwbots in 1998, and used again in a
McDonalds bionicle promotion in 2001! and they hate them because the are
"overused"? When there is a actual 2-year periods were they don't use them?
Since when is that being overused?

And everyone gets ticked off that they change the colors.  Oh sure,  I'm a
little ticked off at that too, but does THAT drive me away from lego? Nooooo.

So, Stop complaining everyone.  If you want to hord all the technic, there is
always bricklink and ebay to do that.  Just leave lego alone with the
complaining.  If you go to Brickset.com,  they are always complaining that the
"Technic sets are getting too stupid" or "Not as good as the 8459" or "2004 is a
bad year for technic" or that kind of bull.

Geez... The moronic critisism that I see...

bionicle
(score: 0.304)

Re: Bringing the bionicle and technic folks back together ;-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:42:00 GMT

In lugnet.technic, David Laswell wrote:

Snip
Is that what you're referring to?

I know when I've made a bad joke when I actually have to explain it :p Sorry
about the mistery. I saw that picture and inmediately imagined a combination of
many Lego themes, including almost all Technic subthemes.

Base and blade for barebones Technic fellows

Arms for Bionicle, robotics and pneumatics fans

Cabin to make it a mecha, maybe with enough appeal to the model team builders

Enough space to throw in an RCX

It would also make an instersting model for minifig scale

Etc.

Sorry for the Spanish as well. I fished around and, surprinsingly, that was the
best non-Japanese page that I could fetch about the artifact. It's the result of
a several year collaboration between a fire department and a robotics research
unit of a university. It's a rescue vehicle which protects its driver while at
the same time providing delicate manipulating functions.

bionicle
(score: 0.304)

Re: What you say?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:49:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:

   Which set do those smoke containers come in?

Bionicle Kraata.

-Tim

bionicle
(score: 0.304)

Re: Bringing the bionicle and technic folks back together ;-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 03:01:15 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Miguel Agullo wrote:
http://www.roboticspot.com/spot/artic.shtml?todo=&block=8&newspage=robots

Huh?  What does this have to do with either theme?  I see a big
teal/orange/black robot (says something about being 3.45 meters tall) on a page
that's written in Spanish (and even though I took two years in high school, I'm
not very good at learning new languages, and it's been a few years, so...).  I
looked around a bit, and best I can figure out is you're referring to the fact
that there are humanoid robots featured in one area of the page.  Is that what
you're referring to?

bionicle
(score: 0.304)

More:  Next Page >>