 Technic / 12124
Re: Bringing the bionicle and technic folks back together ;-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:42:00 GMT

In lugnet.technic, David Laswell wrote:

Snip
Is that what you're referring to?

I know when I've made a bad joke when I actually have to explain it :p Sorry
about the mistery. I saw that picture and inmediately imagined a combination of
many Lego themes, including almost all Technic subthemes.

Base and blade for barebones Technic fellows

Arms for Bionicle, robotics and pneumatics fans

Cabin to make it a mecha, maybe with enough appeal to the model team builders

Enough space to throw in an RCX

It would also make an instersting model for minifig scale

Etc.

Sorry for the Spanish as well. I fished around and, surprinsingly, that was the
best non-Japanese page that I could fetch about the artifact. It's the result of
a several year collaboration between a fire department and a robotics research
unit of a university. It's a rescue vehicle which protects its driver while at
the same time providing delicate manipulating functions.