  *98118 (-40)
Re: best set for micromotors, pneumatics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:14:36 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jan-Albert van Ree writes:

Aw, don't worry, there's another one up, at $0.01 now without reserve even
;-)

D'oh!!! But then again it's now up to $15.50 with 9 days to go... and mine is
MISB, so blah... :-)

BTW, searching for 8479s sold on eBay indicates that $150 - $155 is about the
going rate these days. We know eBay isn't the cheapest.

Re: Friction Pulley question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 05:09:37 GMT

"Daniel A. Segel" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
At 04:10 AM 1/24/00 +0000, Mauro Vianna wrote:
This pulley was mentioned in Dave Baun book (scanbot, page 167).
Did anybody use the friction pulley from mindstorms kit to do connect 2
axles? It has a cross hole on one end and a rubber ring in the other that
seens to fit an axle.

I have three of these pulleys, and they're all too tight to allow any
slipping at all. Maybe when they're a little older they'll function more
like you're suggesting.

Daniel Segel

I thought about that too. If you use if with after some gear reduction
instead of attaching directly to the motor axle it may work. I'm trying to
use that to use the RCX to control steering in the #8445 (Indy car) set.
My concern is that I'm not sure if it was really designed to be used this
way. I'm afraid that it may damage the rubber ring. But I couldn't figure
any other use to that ring also. In fact, I didn't notice that ring until I
read the comment in the book. :)

Mauro Vianna

Subject:
Lego Technic List URL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:03:51 GMT

Hey guys - I'm new here.  However, I have a list of most of the Lego Technic
sets released in the US since 1996, including Number, Name, Year, Number of
Pieces, Cost (Approximate), and Notes.  Please let me know if you find this
useful:

     http://home.tampabay.rr.com/markjen/Lego/TechnicList.html

It contains some updates to information in the Pause database, so I'm hoping
this finds its way to the person that administers that, just in case he/she is
interested in the info...

Tx, Mark

Re: Expensive Legos!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 02:02:24 GMT

Marcelo H. Sola wrote:

I live in Buenos Aires and found 2 brand new Caribbean Clippers in a toy
shop. I intend to buy and keep both. The sad part is each costs $135. I'll
try to negotiate a better price as they've been there for many years
untouched together with a couple of even more expensive Black Seas
Barracudas. God, I wish Legos were as cheap here as thay are in the US!!

WTF??? Black seas baracudas still new in a toystore???

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com

Subject:
Interface B??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:23:33 GMT

Hi.

This is a shot in the dark, but...

I was reading throught the website, and came across:

Interface B #9751

The Interface B has 4 passive inputs (for touch and temperature
sensors), 4 active inputs (for light and angle sensors) and 8
ouputs, plus a constant 9V "test" output. It interfaces to a
PC (it may be a simple RS232 serial connection, in which case
it would interface to any computer?)

This got me thinking (probably my first mistake :^)
If the the box is really an RS232 device, does
anyone out there have a guss on wether or not you
could hook it up to a IR tower, and have the RCX
tell it to do things??

If so it would be a great way to get more inputs and
outputs.

-Kyle

--
   _
-------------------------------ooO( )Ooo-------------------------------

Re: This week's S@H specials?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:52:44 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
ps?

And if you don't like being called a limey, don't call us Yanks. :-)

Erm, never mind. silly me, insulting someone with an appelation for a
country he doesn't live in. Limey is a derogatory for someone from the
UK not Canada.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!

Re: Young Obi-Wan's Head
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:43:56 GMT

Why are the main character mini-figs in the Star Wars sets universal in • their
look of unhappiness?  The background characters seem generally cheerful.

Steve Bliss

Maybe they're tired of being surrounded by nothing but duplicates of
themselves (meaning TLG should make more background characters so we won't
have to figure out what to do with all those platoons of Luke's)!

Dave

Re: Plagiarism again (Was: Can we say, "Plagiarism"?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:37:21 GMT

I think you done good.

If TLC wants us to respect their IP, they have to respect ours too. Now,
it's true that posting a model to their site grants certain IP rights
but they need to consider how to effectively prevent copied models.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!

Re: Thank you every train lovers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:31:57 GMT

Yes, thanks muchly for the inspiration, you appeared in the nick of time
as it were... We'll be watching for your next work!

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!

Re: Older train sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:31:04 GMT

Jonathan Reynolds wrote:

Douglas,
Take a look around some of the train-related sites. The original creations
displayed far surpass anything that was available from TLG.

Ain't that the truth.

Well, I'm happy to say my fingers are sore. I've been building all day,
with some help from the kids, and Nik's project train is all done. As
you may recall, he had signed up (they are all studying Japan) to report
on the "speed train" or Shinkazen.

It was very fortuitous that Masayuki showed up when he did, as his work
spurred me on. I cribbed a few ideas but I think I came up with
something somewhat different.

Basically it took 2 4561's, the doors from 2 5561s, and a lot of extra
slopes and blue and white bricks and plates... but I now have a 5 unit
(2 end power/control units and three cars in the center) bullet train. I
did not have that many of the 2 wide thinwalls to try the sideways move,
so I just used the boatloads of 4 wide thinwalls (the 1x4x3h kind). The
windows are kind of big, but that lets you see all the detailing.

I gotta get my camera fixed or replaced so I can show it off, but I
won't be tearing this creation down, although it doesn't really fit in
with my US prototype plans.

I had the rounded ends out from a Tie/Y but ended up just using a bunch
of airplane/boat noses to get a very pointy front end. I haven't decided
if it's too pointy or not, but it's good enough.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!

Re: Friction Pulley question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:08:45 GMT

At 04:10 AM 1/24/00 +0000, Mauro Vianna wrote:
This pulley was mentioned in Dave Baun book (scanbot, page 167).
Did anybody use the friction pulley from mindstorms kit to do connect 2
axles? It has a cross hole on one end and a rubber ring in the other that
seens to fit an axle.

I have three of these pulleys, and they're all too tight to allow any
slipping at all. Maybe when they're a little older they'll function more
like you're suggesting.

Daniel Segel

--
"Ich bin ein Geleeschaumgummiring."
daniels@netcom.com

Re: For Your Eyes Only !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:21:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jean-marc Détraz writes:
In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.general, Jean-marc Détraz writes:
Lego art has reached a new standard!  Maybe not the highest priced Lego in
eBay history, but certainly the highest opening bid I have ever seen.  Is
this really made of Lego pieces?  What's your opinion?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244432396

She's a real beauty, but way outta my price range... {:^)>

Jean-Marc

Oh my gosh! That is one expensive lot!
I would've bid, I have $11,123 to spare, but the 21 cents - sorry, that's too
much for me ;-)

-Shiri

Shiri, send me your address, I'll be more than happy to send you a quarter!

LOL!
I can't express my graditude!

-Shiri

FS: Dark gray BURPs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:16:04 GMT

I have approximately 100 of each type of the dark gray burps
which I would like to sell.

The 3x8x7 (triangle) burps are $0.75 US each.
The 4x10x6 (square) burps are $1.25 US each.

Actual shipping charges will have to be added.
E-mail me if you are interested.

Thanks for your time,
- Jeff Shiner

shiners@home.com

Re: Finally, I have a page!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:20:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Thompson writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi everyone,

I finally have a page! Meanwhile, it contains only castle minifig MOCs.
Buildings will come soon (once I build them :-)

http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/

This is just a beginning, I have more pics just waiting for appropriate
captions and s'more time...

Tell me what you think!

-Shiri

FUT .castle

Way cool, Shiri!

The Rock Raider's babe's face looks good minus the microphone.  Time
to pull out the exacto knife and experiment.  It's been a while since
I cut lego.  Muahahhahahahahha.

Take a look at Craig's homepage - he has great modified minifigs, I was
inspired by him.

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"

On a side note - I always wondered, what does that mean?

-Shiri

Subject:
Friction Pulley question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 04:10:38 GMT

This pulley was mentioned in Dave Baun book (scanbot, page 167).
Did anybody use the friction pulley from mindstorms kit to do connect 2
axles? It has a cross hole on one end and a rubber ring in the other that
seens to fit an axle.

It seens it could be an option to any situation where you don't want the
motor to get stucked when the second axle stops, like steering mechanisms.
But I did not see any robot using it yet.

Mauro Vianna

Subject:
Expensive Legos!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:06:31 GMT

I live in Buenos Aires and found 2 brand new Caribbean Clippers in a toy
shop. I intend to buy and keep both. The sad part is each costs $135. I'll
try to negotiate a better price as they've been there for many years
untouched together with a couple of even more expensive Black Seas
Barracudas. God, I wish Legos were as cheap here as thay are in the US!!

Re: 9736 Exploration Mars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:10:34 GMT

Mark Koesel wrote:

Looking at the secondary catalog picture on http://www.lego.com for set
9736, I see that it includes four 40t gears, and (drum roll) many of the
bulldozer links (which are currently only available through Dacta).
Just thought I'd mentioned it, since I hadn't yet seen anyone else point
this out.

I think the pictures are just showing you examples of what you can make. If
you notice it includes the RCX. So the 40t gears could be from the Main set
and not the Mars pack...

Dean

Re: Finally, I have a page!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:59:14 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi everyone,

I finally have a page! Meanwhile, it contains only castle minifig MOCs.
Buildings will come soon (once I build them :-)

http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/

This is just a beginning, I have more pics just waiting for appropriate
captions and s'more time...

Tell me what you think!

-Shiri

FUT .castle

Way cool, Shiri!

The Rock Raider's babe's face looks good minus the microphone.  Time
to pull out the exacto knife and experiment.  It's been a while since
I cut lego.  Muahahhahahahahha.

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"

RE: Loading Grabs - scoop or hook
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:44:11 GMT

What Technic LEGO sets or MOC's have a loading grab, i.e., a front-end

Linc Smith (sorry, no URL handy) has a neat excavator.

Here's mine...

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/excavator/index.html>

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

A picture is worth a thousand words, but very few
sets of a thousand words can be adequately described
by a picture...
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com

FYI: Kmart LEGO Sale!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:48:44 GMT

Kmart is doing it again (this is the third time in the last two
months), "Buy One, Get One 50% Off" on LEGO.

This sale runs January 23rd thru the 29th.

Kmart is starting to become my favorite LEGO purchasing haunt.

Frederick.

Re: Finally, I have a page!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:51:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi everyone,

I finally have a page! Meanwhile, it contains only castle minifig MOCs.
Buildings will come soon (once I build them :-)

http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/

This is just a beginning, I have more pics just waiting for appropriate
captions and s'more time...

Tell me what you think!

I like it!  I really like your minifigs, especially your modified Rock Raiders
head.  Can't wait to see more, keep up the good work!

Thanks! Glad you liked them!

The RR head was my first modifying job, conducted only two days ago. I think
it turned out quite well. I only bought the small RR set for the head, and was
disappointed to see the mike on it. Craig told me how he changed his and I
couldn't resist the temptation... It only took my ~5 minutes to take it off
with an x-acto knife.

I'll be working on the page next week, until my S@H order will arrive... Then
I'll start building my... er, Franz's castle ;-)

-Shiri

Subject:
Website Updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:48:51 GMT

I have just updated with 3 new models: Light Assault Mech, Dropship,
Spidertank. The Download section is still not complete. :-(
Please LMKWYT!

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://tor-pw1.netcom.ca/~milovan/index.htm

Re: New to RCX -- A couple of questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:46:31 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Mike Case writes:
Is there a Mindstorms FAQ available?

As a specific website, not to my knowledge (although some of us are trying to
create a bit of one over at the WikiWeb), but that doesn't mean there aren't
people or sites that can answer questions.  Try clicking around; start with
the sites listed on the left of the lugnet.robotics bulletin board.

HTH,
Ian Warfield

Re: Parts from 8448 not LDrawn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:41:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Fredrik Glöckner wrote:

Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> writes:

Technic Shock Absorber Small (in process)

I believe that it is the large shock absorber that is in progress.

The small shock absorber in 8448 is different from the one we already
have in LDraw, as the spring has fewer coil windings.

Yup.  I double-checked the two parts.  Fredrick is correct, the new spring has
fewer windings.  And it is stiffer than the old spring.  Other than the new
spring, the pieces of the parts seem to be identical.

Steve

Re: For Your Eyes Only !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:43:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.general, Jean-marc Détraz writes:
Lego art has reached a new standard!  Maybe not the highest priced Lego in
eBay history, but certainly the highest opening bid I have ever seen.  Is
this really made of Lego pieces?  What's your opinion?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244432396

She's a real beauty, but way outta my price range... {:^)>

Jean-Marc

Oh my gosh! That is one expensive lot!
I would've bid, I have $11,123 to spare, but the 21 cents - sorry, that's too
much for me ;-)

-Shiri

Shiri, send me your address, I'll be more than happy to send you a quarter!

Jean-Marc

Re: Finally, I have a page!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:43:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi everyone,

I finally have a page! Meanwhile, it contains only castle minifig MOCs.
Buildings will come soon (once I build them :-)

http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/

This is just a beginning, I have more pics just waiting for appropriate
captions and s'more time...

Tell me what you think!

I like it!  I really like your minifigs, especially your modified Rock Raiders
head.  Can't wait to see more, keep up the good work!

Jeff

Re: Help with rotation sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:43:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Steven Heide writes:
Is it possible to break this loop when a certain distance is reached? I don't
want to use another rotation sensor.

You could probably change the first line to

while (SENSOR_1 < target_distance)

and it should work fine.  Since you want to keep the two rotation sensor
values (and hence the two wheel distances) equal, each sensor will
individually measure the approximate distance travelled (plus or minus an
angle increment).

One optional bit of advice: If you check the rotation values against each
other directly, the robot might tend to "jiggle" from side to side as it tries
to keep the differences equal.  You might be able to get away with setting a
threshold of a few increments, say 3:

  if (SENSOR_1 > SENSOR_3 + 3)
  {
    Float(OUT_A);
  }
  else if (SENSOR_3 > SENSOR_1 + 3)
  {
    Float(OUT_C);
  }
  else

This way, the robot won't need to adjust turning until the wheels really get
out of sync.  As I said, though, this is optional: your use of Float rather
than Off is a good solution because it minimizes jerkiness introduced
by "brake" mode.

I'm new to programing so this may seem like a silly question.

And as the cliché goes, there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.
Just because many people in this list talk about high-tech concepts doesn't
mean they mind answering newbie questions too.  In fact, often people stumble
over each other in attempt to reply first!

Anyway, hope this helped.

-- Ian

Re: 2951 repost
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:36:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, John Jensen wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tore Eriksson writes:

John Jensen wrote:

1 16 -92 -28 -58 0 1 0 -12.31 0 33.83 33.83 0 12.31 48/1-4edge.dat
1 16 -92 -28 -58 0 1 0 35.08 0 8.10 8.10 0 -35.08 48/1-8edge.dat
1 16 92 -28 -58 0 1 0 35.08 0 8.10 8.10 0 -35.08 48/1-8edge.dat
1 16 92 -28 -58 0 1 0 -12.31 0 33.83 33.83 0 12.31 48/1-4edge.dat

Is it ok to use shashes and not backslashes in a pure DOS environment? I wouldn't
recommend it, but then again, not too many run DOS nowadays?
I was a bit pussled over this too, but I figure that LDraw is clever enough
to figure it out for itself:) (changing / to \ doesn't solve my problem
either btw.)
But I have this nagging feeling that I'm missing something here...
When putting new primitives to use, is it then enough to just place them in
the p or p/48/ dir? or should I run some sort of update utility?

It should be sufficient to put the primitives in the proper location.  There's
nothing else that needs to be update.

Steve

Subject:
FA (E-Bay): Several Adenturers Parts Lots and 6038 Wolfpack Renegades (NIB)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:35:41 GMT

I have several Adventurers parts lots (from 5978 and 5938) listed on eBay
right now:

Mummy and Skeletons
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=243215803

Tents
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=243217767

Mini-figs
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=243220139

Vehicles Parts
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=243224365

Decorated Bricks and Tiles
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=243232884

Raised Baseplates
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=243212584

I also have a brand new 6038 Wolfpack Renegades set listed as well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244044536

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh

Re: For Your Eyes Only !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:35:06 GMT

Lego art has reached a new standard!  Maybe not the highest priced Lego in eBay
history, but certainly the highest opening bid I have ever seen.  Is this
really made of Lego pieces?  What's your opinion?

Looks like Lego... 2x3 bricks maybe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244432396

She's a real beauty, but way outta my price range... {:^)>

Jean-Marc

It is quite nice...  But the seller gives zero information about the
artist.  Unless it's someone really famous, I don't see anyone buying
this at this price.

I think someone is testing the Ebay market for such creations as the
name might suggest.

I think Eric Hashbarger's sculptures, as well as the creations by many
other individuals are far more valuable and collectable than this.
The artists also have a history in the AFOL community.

<ICS>

Subject:
Finally, I have a page!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:28:38 GMT

Hi everyone,

I finally have a page! Meanwhile, it contains only castle minifig MOCs.
Buildings will come soon (once I build them :-)

http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/

This is just a beginning, I have more pics just waiting for appropriate
captions and s'more time...

Tell me what you think!

-Shiri

FUT .castle

Re: Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mo
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:21:48 GMT

No problem.  It seems that you guys's schedule is a bit tougher than mine, so
lets try to set something up for a week or two out.  If you guys can work
something out, I should be able to make it.  (I hope)

Wayne G.

In lugnet.loc.us.mo, Levering A. Reynolds writes:
I have to apologize I do not Read Lugnet much at home I read it at work so
most of the time there is going to be delay.

Andrew Reynolds

Re: For Your Eyes Only !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:15:53 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jean-marc Détraz writes:
Lego art has reached a new standard!  Maybe not the highest priced Lego in • eBay
history, but certainly the highest opening bid I have ever seen.  Is this
really made of Lego pieces?  What's your opinion?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244432396

She's a real beauty, but way outta my price range... {:^)>

Jean-Marc

Oh my gosh! That is one expensive lot!
I would've bid, I have $11,123 to spare, but the 21 cents - sorry, that's too
much for me ;-)

-Shiri

Re: For Your Eyes Only !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:14:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jean-marc Détraz writes:
Lego art has reached a new standard!  Maybe not the highest priced Lego in • eBay
history, but certainly the highest opening bid I have ever seen.  Is this
really made of Lego pieces?  What's your opinion?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244432396

She's a real beauty, but way outta my price range... {:^)>

Jean-Marc

It looks like it is just a test post, hence its astronomical opening bid.
'Course, I could be wrong.

Jeff

Subject:
Soccer Stadium (and some other stuff) on eBay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 02:06:41 GMT

I have a complete Shell World Cup soccer stadium up for auction at eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=242369480
It's exactly as pictured on the boxes - 2 full teams, a whopping 10 tribunes
(6 end, 4 side), etc. All MISB except one of the tribunes. Current high bid is
just a shade over $200.

I also have a variety of mostly castle and space sets listed now (also MISB).
Some are duplicates of ones I sold recently on Serious Collector and I'll have
copies of most of the rest up there eventually as well so no need to bid if
the prices get too crazy. :-) See all my auctions at:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=dfinney

Happy bidding!

Doug

FA-Ebay: Minifigs, clear bell jars, chains, more...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 01:58:04 GMT

Just put the following lots up on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244612358
Lego compatible Mega Blok Orange roof slopes

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244622393
Lego/Legos 6 Adventurer Minifigs - New*

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244630927
Lego/Legos Ninja Robbers w/ weapons and more

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244639529
Lego/Legos Treasure Chests and "Treasure"-New

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244646813
Lego/Legos Clear Bell Jars and Chains

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244665162
Lego/Legos Ninja Samuris w/ Horses - New

Thanks - Mark

Subject:
For Your Eyes Only !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 01:51:29 GMT

Lego art has reached a new standard!  Maybe not the highest priced Lego in eBay
history, but certainly the highest opening bid I have ever seen.  Is this
really made of Lego pieces?  What's your opinion?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244432396

She's a real beauty, but way outta my price range... {:^)>

Jean-Marc

Re: Who oversees the rec.toys.LEGO newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 01:38:38 GMT

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 01:09:51 GMT, "Tony Kilaras" <kilaras@speedus.com>
wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree with you, but what you're saying is going to fall on
deaf ears around here, as you will see with the inane responses that are
sure to follow your post.

I disagree.

But ultimately, I see Todd's rule about foul language here being
analagous to my rule about no smoking in my home.  I may invite people
over to my home to watch a movie, have a few drinks, talk, etc, but
even if I know some of them smoke, they _don't_ smoke in my home.
It's my home - I make the rules.  The people I invite over either
respect that or they leave and don't come back.

It's like that with LUGNET.  This is Todd's place.  He's invited us
here, he wants us all to have a good time, but if he sets a rule like,
"don't stink up my home with your disgusting foul-smelling smoke" or
"don't use foul language" - that's his right, and we (collectively and
individually) can either like it or lump it.

I did my time in the Army.  I can curse with the worst of them, and do
quite often, when it's appropriate.  But like it or not, there are
times when _other_ people dictate when it's appropriate.

I don't give a flip about its impact on kids or other people, to be
honest.  I'm respecting Todd's wishes.  The fact that a
foul-language-free environment might encourage other people who are
more prone to being offended to stick around is just icing, imo.

You or anyone else is free to setup a place like this of your own, and
you can allow or not allow any sort of discussion you want - it'll be
your place.  But lumping those of us who simply choose to respect
Todd's rights as owner to set the rules into the "inane responses"
category mainly just demonstrates your own inability to accept that
other people can disagree with you for perfectly valid reasons.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?

Re: [CW] - more on map and menu.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 01:31:07 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes:
(This is Pawel - sitting out the bad weather at Craig's)

My last post got deleted, so I'm going to try to restate anything that was
missed and add on a few things:

1)  The Map

The map will be a 4x4 grid for starters (european style) and a 2x1 grid for
the oriental style (since that's how I see the breakdown right now ...)  The
two will not be connected, but upon exploration, may end up becoming one.

I was just thinking about better ways of making the map, and I remembered a
program called Campaign Cartographer.  It is a program to create campaign
worlds for AD&D and other Fantasy Roleplaying Games, by ProFantasy
<http://www.profantasy.com/>.  After looking at some of the screen shots, it
looks like it would be perfect for Castle World.  Does anyone have this
program?  If not, I've been considering getting this, so may go ahead and get
it in a couple weeks.

2)  The menu.

The menu is still preliminary, but will contain the following (suggestions
welcome here):

1)  The Map - will take you to the map menu.
2)  Structures - buildings or such submitted by people.  Each will have it's
own page with a little history and the creator.

A little map that shows its location would be nice.  Maybe include nearby
structures, too.

3)  Characters - unique people or things with a little background and
personality.  A system for indexing those will fall into place.  The creator
will also be here.  More on that later.

For the indexing of the Charatcers, sorting by location or kingdom might be
best.

4)  Demons or creatures - non-unique original creations (wraiths, animals,
etc...)

Woohoo!  Gotta start working on some monsters.  Mwahahahahaha!

Jeff

Re: Lego copy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 01:27:57 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Alan Kershaw writes:
Quick postscript

The set is really the Ice Tunnelator 6814

cheers

Alan Kershaw

Ah yes! Our VERY Shifty Lego Clones....There was talk of them before on
LUGNET, Read more about it on

http://www.lugnet.com/castle/?n=1476

You will find some pics there and some information...I don't know whats up
with these "SHIFTY" sets, but it's something very strange indeed...

Erin
--

Skipped 8 messages in groups lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact