 Znap / 11
Re: ZNAP Adverts in UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.znap
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 20:05:27 GMT

In lugnet.znap, Jon D. Hayward writes:
The second wave of ZNAP releases came a couple of months back with six new
sets in total. Tesco is the only place I've seen 'em though... (unless you
take a look on LEGO's web site).

I posted re this a couple of weeks back. Apparently, it was a good seller
last Christmas (kiddies wanted it without knowing how bad it would be, so
Santa bought a very large stock), but I don't see it going anywhere this
year 8-(

I've been working on a train bridge that would NOT be possible (at least as
concise and strong as it is) without Znap. They make excellent structural
components for large Technic structures. I want MORE! If you'd like to help me
obtain them, please write me!

5/10 for effort, 1/10 for achievement 8-(

LEGO works in its own right and so does K'NEX. They're separate and
different systems which are both very good. ZNAP was LEGO's attempt to draw
K'NEX's customers, but despite the R&D there was still insufficient thought
put into it.

They may be after the K'NEX market, but the toy (Znap) does NOT work the same
as K'NEX - It is nearly IDENTICAL to Construx (except for scale - and that
they interface with Technic - and not The Brick) by Fisher-Price which has
discontinued this system.

I have thousands of K'NEX and it'd be great if I could combine my many many
thousands of Lego with them, alas, ain'ta gonna happen (K'NEX has the
interface patent).

Just my penny's worth.

Wayne

P.S. I really do want more - could you guys help out?

...just my two penn'orth...

Jon.

Richard Franks <spontificus@__no_spam_please_im_veggie__yahoo.com> wrote in
message news:FKHqH5.Hrt@lugnet.com...

There seems to be a spate of Lego adverts in the UK at the moment! Out of • the
ones that I've seen - Supercar, Droid Dev Kit, Town(city), etc.. the ZNAP • one
is the most interesting, as in, why advertise something that was a one-off • test
in the European market?

Unless:
A) They forgot to cancel the adverts.
B) They plan to release new ZNAP next year.
C) I dreampt seeing the adverts.

I bought my one and only motor-containing ZNAP set for £5.98 reduced from
£14.98. Beatties isn't the only shop to give it away - TRU have been • trying in
their usual money-tight way to get rid of them. I can't see either of • these
retailers being terribly impressed by ZNAP.

So my question is - did ZNAP fail as abysmally as I percieve, and will • Lego be
able to sell ZNAP next year to stores, if indeed they intend to?

I'm guessing they lost money trying to promote it before - the instruction
booklet is more of an idea book and was actually a really nice suprise. • The
packaging of the motors must have cut dangerously into profits too, if not
making them a loss.

Does anyone know whether ZNAP is confirmed for next year?

Richard