 Year / 2007 / 21
Re: USA toy fair soon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2007
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:03:34 GMT

In lugnet.year.2007, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
if i'm not mistaken it's comming up fairly soon. anyone have any info on it?
anybody recive invites?
ondrew

Here is a link:

<http://www.toy-tia.org/Content/NavigationMenu/TIA_Trade_Shows_and_Events/American_International_TOY_FAIR/American_International_TOY_FAIR1.htm>

I go every year for work.  Last year I was able to hook up with ++Lar and we
went together.  A couple of Lego reps were kind enough to let us into their
booth.  We were in there for about 10 minutes before a Dick Cheney evil looking
guy asked us to leave in a not so professional manner.

They had nothing on display that we hadn't seen in internet photo's.

I was able to snag a catalog from them during our hasty exit.  Again though,
there was nothing we hadn't seen before in it.  And, it had just printed so it
smelled bad.  I threw it out a day later.

Lego's booth is the only one (that I noticed) fully closed off to anyone in
attendence unless they have an appointment.  All other booths let you in and you
are able to look around at their product.

Aside from work related things, Lego is just about the only attraction for me
there.  I am not really into other toys, so I leave after about an hour or two.

Jonathan