 Year / 2005 / 41
Re: Quick comment on #8644 "Street Maniac"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2005
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 06:04:31 GMT

In lugnet.year.2005, John Gerlach wrote:
   I picked up each of the new 2005 small ‘racers’ sets at the MOA LIC on Saturday.

I am not sure I like the packaging to parts ratio but I gotta say I dig the parts in

    8641 Flame Glider
52 elements, 0 figures, US$4, 2005
LEGO > Racers > Tiny Turbos

Orange jumpers, Orange tiles, Orange curve top bricks.. yummy! The hoodscoop/superchargerthingie looks sort of ridiculously large but the car as a whole has good vroom factor...

Also, I think I saw someone has already used the slanted grille front piece to build a more minifig scale car.

Plus I was wondering, if you have two of these, can you make a giant wheel out or two of the tops somehow? My thinking is just take the stickers off carefully, turn them 90 degrees and stick them back on (now they would cross from one top to the other) and voila, giant wheel. No axle or any attachment point but so what?