 Year / 2005 / 39
Re: Quick comment on #8644 "Street Maniac"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2005
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 05:52:17 GMT

In lugnet.year.2005, John Gerlach wrote:
I picked up each of the new 2005 small 'racers' sets at the MOA LIC on Saturday.

They're cute sets, but my 8644 is pretty disappointing.  When I push it across
my desk here at work, two of the wheels don't even turn - they just slide.
There is WAY to much friction on these new wheels.

8644 is the lightest of the four racers. Mine has occasional hydroplaning where
the others don't. The other 3 are heavy enough to create adequate FRICTION with
the tabletop.

Mousepad works fine for the lightest (8644). Which I think is the coolest Lego
set to keep on my desk in ages.

I see one wheel that freezes up on my 8643. Now I agree there is a problem.. but
it's not the wheel, it's the occasional peg.

Maybe the idea is you have to tune your racers.

Graphite anyone?