 Year / 2003 / 34
Re: NEW LEGO Direct LEGEND #10041
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2003
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:29:49 GMT

In lugnet.year.2003, Kevin Loch writes:
In lugnet.general, Christian Gemünden writes:
Set #10041 to appear in 2003. It will be the Legend version of the US-only
set #6390 (Main Street) from 1980.

Here are the first images:

http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/56168.htm

It looks loke the cypress tree and the cool rails were substituted.
You can probably find the trees on Ebay or BrickLink since they were
recently remade (until the mold went bad as we were told at
BrickFest).  The rails, by far the coolest piece in the original
set, are going to be a problem.  I think they were only in this set (4),
the Public Works (3) and some 4.5V level crossings.

Also, the vehicle wheels look to be the newer model (replacing the ones with
metal axle). The hubs are red though, and I cannot recall other sets where
that colour was used for wheel hubs.

Pedro