 Year / 2002 / 411
Re: LEGO Studios Monsters sets now available!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 11:40:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ken Dowd writes:
The four Studios Monster theme sets are now ready to ship. They can be found
at LEGO.com for ordering online or order by phone 1-800-835-4386 (in the USA).
The four sets are:
1380 Werewolf Ambush  $9.99.
1381 Vampire's Crypt  $19.99.
1382 Scary Laboratory $49.99.
1383 Curse of the Pharoah $3.99.

Wow, these minifigs are cool.  I really like the way they did the werewolf's
head.  Are these part of an upcoming movie?  The Spider-Man sets obviously
were and the rest were either Jurassic Park III related or generic movie
studio stuff.  Are these just classic horror film elements as their
descriptions on shop.lego.com suggest or should I be watching my movie
listings for Monsters?

Other than the minifigs, I can only see a few things from these sets that I
like.  The brown inverted slopes in 1380 are nice to see in a $10 set.  That
Lion's head from 1383 is just begging to be made into an grand estate
entrance or a Gotham City-ish skyscraper. :)  Otherwise are there any good
parts here that I'm missing?

Ben Roller