 Year / 2001 / 96
Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:50:34 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
It doesn't matter if anyone out here could or couldn't do better.
If LEGO couldn't do any better, they should have scrapped the model at the
planning stage.  It's an embarrassingly transparent attempt to slap something
together, throw a Star Wars label on it, and sell it to fans.

I couldn't agree more!!!

I'm surprised Lucasfilm didn't squash it themselves.  I wonder if after two
years' worth of releases, they weren't watching as closely this go-round.

Does Lucasfilm Licensing listen to complaints from fans?  Maybe if enough
people write and complain, they'll crack down on LEGO for making crap like
this and it won't happen in 2002.  (Well, I can dream, can't I?)

--Todd