 Star Wars / 9421
Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:00:02 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
This isn't meant to be directed at anyone in particular, but given the
currently available range of LEGO pieces that have been seen in Technic sets
lately, could anyone out there have done better?

It doesn't matter if anyone out here could or couldn't do better.

If LEGO couldn't do any better, they should have scrapped the model at the
planning stage.  It's an embarrassingly transparent attempt to slap something
together, throw a Star Wars label on it, and sell it to fans.

I'm surprised Lucasfilm didn't squash it themselves.  I wonder if after two
years' worth of releases, they weren't watching as closely this go-round.

eric