 Year / 2001 / 343
Re: There WILL Be african-american figures in 2001?!? (or will they? 2002?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 07:12:07 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Nick Cameron writes:
    In the fourth Harry Potter book (The Goblet Of Fire), it clearly states
and I quote: "A tall black girl who played chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch
team, Angelina came over to them,". Angelina is mentioned multiple times, so
she will probably come in a set.

No, I really doubt that.  The sets for 2001 will be based on the movie, which
is purely HP and the Sorceror's/Philosopher's Stone.  So it doesn't get into
the second book, let alone the fourth.  And even if Angelina appears in the
movie as a very minor unmentioned character... well, they've managed to do lots
of sets in the past three years that avoided Lando, a fairly major character.

    It may be ovbious, but this means that we will see more harry potter in
2002, mabey even 2003 and 2004.

I'm not really surprised, the movie license extends to making I think the first
three (or is it four?), so I would imagine the LEGO license is for more than
one movie as well, probably a SW-like arrangement.

eric